FightReady™ is where you up your game & improve boxing craft.
If you've learnt the basics and your fitness is improving, what's next? FightReady™ is an advanced boxing session where you learn more about the 'sweet science' of boxing, develop your footwork, defensive skills, overall technique and how to own the ring.
Total Boxer FightReady™ coaches focus and guide you on all aspects of boxing technique, fitness and philosophy in a session that includes technical drills and optional low-contact, touch-sparring.
There is no minimum requirement to join FightReady™ sessions, everyone is welcome, although some prior Get FIT Not HIT™ or boxing training experience is recommended.
If you choose to participate in sparring you must use 16oz gloves and wear a gum shield, headgear (available at the club) and clean boxing shoes or trainers.
At FightReady™, you can expect:
- Road work
- Rope work
- Shadow boxing for movement and technique
- Various punch bags including speed ball
- Defense, balance and awareness
- Partnered pad work
- Optional low-contact touch-sparring
- Use of professional boxing ring
- Ringcraft, fight strategy and boxing philosophy
- Medicine ball sit-ups and leg-raise station
- Dipping station and chin-up bar
- Kettlebells and slam balls for strength and endurance